The original Lady Jane’s Salon first launched in early 2009 in Manhattan, with the intent of functioning as a reading series devoted to romance fiction. Each month, guest authors read an excerpt from their work, with readers, librarians, other authors, and publishing industry professionals as attendants. In addition to spotlighting guest romance authors each month, Lady Jane’s Salon gives back to the community by donating the entrance fee of $5 or one gently used romance book to a local women’s charity.
When Elise Rome first heard of Lady Jane’s Salon, She thought it was a great idea. Besides conferences and book signings, there aren’t many avenues where romance authors and readers can interact so casually. Not only that, but it serves as a relaxing night out where you can chat, drink coffee or wine, and discover new authors. It’s a place where people who love reading romance meet other romance lovers.
The next thought: Denver needs a Lady Jane’s Salon!
After receiving much help from the founders of the original Manhattan Lady Jane’s Salon, Ashley launched the first Denver Lady Jane’s Salon with fellow Colorado authors, Monica Kaye and Diana Rowe on October 12th 2010.
In the summer of 2011 Ashley passed the torch to Jenn LeBlanc and she took it and ran like the wind. (or, if you read historicals, as if the devil himself were on her!) With fellow Janer Monica Kaye she introduced new ways to bring authors into the salon with twitter interviews and Skype readings. In July of 2011 Tiffany Reisz agreed to be our first twitterview. Jenn read from her upcoming book Siren, then we chatted LIVE via twitter. In September of 2011 Maisey Yates played guinea pig, and what a beautiful guinea pig she was, skyping in to read from her latest release. Since then our horizons have truly broadened and every month will include not only real, live, in the flesh, romance authors, but a little bit of our technological world that brings us all closer together.
Since its’ inception the salon has hosted authors including:
- Contemporary Romance author Meg Benjamin
- New York Times Bestselling Romantic Suspense author Tara Janzen
- Historical Romance author: Jenn LeBlanc
- Golden Heart Finalist for Historical Romance: Leigh LaValle
- RITA Finalist for Contemporary Single Title Romance: Joanne Kennedy
- Romantic Suspense and Historical author known for the I-Team Series: Pamela Clare
- M/M erotic romance author: Marie Sexton
- Erotic romance author: Lia Slater
- Erotic romance author: Tiffany Reisz
- Erotic and Historical romance author: Melissa Schroeder
- Historical romance author: Shana GalenAnd many others. Who would you like to hear? Let us know in the contact form at the bottom of the page.
If you live in the Denver metro area, tell everyone you know. We’d love to see you there!
(this event is not child friendly due to the content of the readings)
THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE MONTHLY, USUALLY THE SECOND TUESDAY.
Location: Wine Loft in Lower Downtown Denver (15th and Wazee) from 7p.m. – 9 p.m. (or whenever we stop chatting.)
There is a $5 parking lot at the far south end of Wazee just north of the Creek, on the west side of the street. It is about a one block walk to the Wine Loft, and the cheapest lot around.
For questions or to be added to the Evite list fill out this form: